Aims and Scopes. To have 2 workshops per year, dedicated to
specific research subjects of current interest. A Research Team
(RT) will be formed for each subject. A participant is expected to be
a member of an RT and be actively engaged with the research
proposals set by the RT. Faculty members, doctoral students, and
outstanding master students in all areas related to the probability
and stochastic processes are encouraged to apply for the
membership in one or more appropriate research teams. To apply
for and to get more information on an RT, visit the corresponding
Specifications. A researcher can be a member of at most two RTs.
To apply for membership, please contact the Head of the Research
Team, who is referred to as Head Research (HR). The contact email
of the corresponding HR is given in the corresponding link for the
1. Infinite dimensional processes, Gaussian , stable , PC and Simple.
2. Simple processes, car processes, possible extensions to stable
simple processes and car processes.
3. Inference on stochastic models.
4. Structural representations for stable processes.
5. Polynomials with random coefficients.
6. Probability theory for random mixtures.
7. Stable distributions and related distributions.
8. Stochastic analysis and related topics.
9. Markov and semi-Marcov processes and related topics.
Workshop On Applied Stochastic Processes
Professor Ahmad Reza Soltani
from the Department of Statistics,
Shiraz University, Iran
[currently at the Department of Statistics and
Operations Research, Kuwait University]
is the founder of this series of workshops.
He is also the founder of the
Iranian Seminars on Probability and Stochastic
which are held biennially at one of the
universities in Iran. He has so far supervised
more then 30 PhD theses in probability and stochastic
processes in the Department of Statistics PhD program at
Shiraz University. The first PhD thesis in probability in Iran
was written under his supervision. More information are
provided in the link of the Iranian Scholars in probability.